This is a blog to journal Scott's new travels in his new job.
Well he is on the road. Called Tuesday night from Troutdale, had just spoken to Warren who was the the motel waiting and he was on his way back to pack and get on the truck. First night he went from Portland to just past Medford. They pulled over when Mikel (his trainer ran out of hours). The next morning was a new day indeed as Scott drove from Northern California to when I talked to him 150 miles north of LA. On the way they were supposed to stop at a certain milepost to leave the chains, had already passed it, went back, wrong milepost and would have had to backtrack 30 miles went to next truck stop and delivered them and arranged for the chains to go back.
When we talked they were going another 40 miles or so and then stopping for the night. While we were on the phone he actually put information in the computer by himself, moved the truck and then entered info again. So he is learning. His biggest problem. Mikel is Hungarian with an accent so thick Scott can not understand him. But they are both learning.
The biggest news on this blog is he has his second assignment. From LA he is going to South Carolina. I told him he had better look his eyes out so that he remembers everything to tell me what the world is like. He is doing all the driving so far and so does not call very often but when he does I will post his travels. AND miracle of miracles if and when he gets a laptop he says he will post his own as he kind of wants to keep a journal of these adventures. Hope this stays an adventure for the next 10 years or so.
At this point he sounds almost breathless with anticipation or fright not really sure which but is so awed by the different world. HOWEVER, he hates the truck, is already stiff and does not want to drive a Kenworth at least I think that is what it is. I told him that the best thing to do would be to eat fruit and vegies and not donuts and steak so that he slims down, he said maybe later so told him that I wanted him to last at least a year for me to get life insurance on him before having his first heart attack so to watch what he eats. He says he loves me too. So to everyone who wants to know what Scott is doing and mostly how I feel about it and so that I can tell him your opinions tune in and comment often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment